The Community Partnership Unit plays an important role at the Centre. By working in partnership with other organisations and local communities, they ensure that the needs of Coventry’s refugee and migrant communities are met.
They help to develop outreach services, coordinate information days and drop-in sessions. They are also instrumental in helping communities develop stronger links between different refugee and migrant groups.
Other work carried out by the team includes:
- Organizing and delivering events, such as advice fairs and open days
- Working with other organisations within Coventry to celebrate important events such as Inter-Faith Week and Human Rights Day
- Delivering contributions to city-wide community events such as the Positive Images Festival, and leading the planning and delivery of Refugee Week in Coventry.
- Developing outreach advice services for refugee and migrant communities alongside partner organisations.
- Working with and supporting community groups, developing relationships with and between them and assisting groups who wish to establish themselves as community organisations.
To contact the CPU, please call Esther Portela-Miranda on 02476 227254