Who we are
We offer a specialist Mental Health & wellbeing service for individuals living in Coventry & surrounding areas who are seeking asylum in the UK or have been granted Refugee status. Our team has been supporting adults for more than 18 years (since November 2003). More recently we have extended our support to additional groups, such as those combatting destitution, and young people who arrived in the UK unaccompanied. We offer individual Counselling and Art Therapy.
What we offer
Weekly sessions with a Counsellor / Psychological Therapist.
We provide support to clients whose past and current experience(s) have caused feelings of depression, low mood, anxiety, stress. We have an experienced team who wish to support the emotional resilience of clients facing loss, displacement and trauma.
- To provide a safe space and helping relationship, where individuals feel valued and listened to.
- To support individuals who are processing feelings connected to their experiences.
- To reinforce resilience and promote independence within a supportive network/community.
- To support confidence and self-esteem for those adjusting to life following loss and displacement.
How we work
We operate a service Monday-Friday, offering individual counselling and art therapy sessions by appointment.
We are person-centred in our approach providing short-, mid- and long-term support depending on individual need.
We work alongside professional interpreters provided by Lingo Links translations and interpretation service, enabling clients to express their thoughts and feelings in their own language.
What our clients say
“My therapist helped me a lot with my anger. I felt valued and listened to and respected at all times”
“I feel calmer and am able to sleep better now and my therapist has taught me some relaxation techniques to practice at home”.
“My head feels clearer and I can concentrate on my studies”.
“I am more confident and am volunteering in a charity shop and attending college courses to learn English”
- Support for those seeking asylum is limited to those registered at the Meridian GP practice
- Refugees can access the services, if eligible, through the Integrate Coventry Project
Accessing the service
Contact the team
Meet the team
Therapy Service Manager
Psychological Practitioner & Counsellor