Assisting refugees to rebuild their lives in Coventry
Who we are
Our Settlement Team works with refugees and individuals who have been granted leave to remain.
The team assists and empowers these individuals and families with advice on accommodation, setting up home in Coventry, registering with local healthcare providers and signposting to other relevant partners and services.
Accessing our service
There are several ways to access the Settlement Team’s services:
• Referrals following an appointment with our Advice Team.
What support we offer
Our advisers are professionally trained, and have the experience and expertise to deal with a wide range of issues that the people we support may have. This includes:
City tours which include highlighting where and how to access local health services, leisure centres and other key organisations are based
• Advice on accommodation options, including support with housing difficulties.
• Setting up utility bills and registering for local services
• Financial management guidance, including opening bank accounts, budgeting and setting up payment plans
• Benefit applications
• Registering with local healthcare services
• Securing legal advice and support
• Support with and signposting to relevant services to secure employment